175.00CAD+ (35.00) buyer's premium. + applicable fees & taxes.
SOLD at 2012 May 31 @ 12:40UTC-4 : AST/EDT
Did you win this item?
A full invoice should be emailed to the winner by the auctioneer within a day or two.
1871H Ten Cent - ICCS EF-40.
Terms & Conditions of Geoffrey Bell Auctions
Credit and Deposits: All bidders must be approved. Those who do not have an established relationship with Geoffrey Bell Auctions must provide an approved reference or a credit guarantee prior to the sale.
Auction Conduct: All our starting bids will be opened at approximately 10% above the second highest mail or computer bid. If there are no mail bids, auctioneer will start the bids at the reserve price or half of the low estimate, advances are at the discretion of the auctioneer. In the event there are identical bids, floor bids will take priority. We reserve the right to withdraw any lot prior to the sale. Lots are sold to the highest bidder at an average rate of 125-150 lots per hour.
Bidding Procedures: Bids may be made in person, fax 506-634-1026, email firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail. Telephone bids are accepted through an approved agent provided by Geoffrey Bell Auctions at 506-634-1025. ALL Mail, fax and email bids must arrive to our office no later than May 30th at 12 noon EST. The auction will be conducted on iCollector.com and all mail bids will be entered online.Our iCollector ID is gbellauctions and Geoffrey Bell Auctions reserve the right to refuse bids deemed not in good faith. We are not responsible for bidder errors so please check your bids carefully. Bidding Increments are at the discretion of the auctioneer, the scale below will be used:
0 – 100 10
100 – 500 25
500 – 1,000 50
1,000 – 2,000 100
2,000 – 5,000 250
5,000 – 10,000 500
10,000 – 40,000 1,000
40,000 – 100,000 2,500
100,000 + 5,000
Grading Standards and Description: The Cataloguers have taken every reasonable measure to ensure that all the lots are as described by Geoffrey Bell Auctions. Many of the lots are third party graded by PCGS, PMG, ICCS - We feel these are the most recognized grading companies in the industry.
Return Policies: Returns will be accepted by absentee bidders for lots that have been misattributed or incorrectly catalogued. We guarantee that all items are genuine and we will refund anything that has been misrepresented by the cataloguers. Certified grading concerns are to be dealt with through the certified grading company, not Geoffrey Bell Auctions. No returns will be accepted on graded material. All floor sales are final, including those who choose to use our agent.
Lot pick-up: June 1st & 2nd on the Toronto Coin Expo bourse floor from 10am-4pm. All lots not picked up after the show will be shipped at the bidders expense. Shipping expense flat rates $30 within North America and $75 Overseas, and insurance is $5 per thousand.
Payment Details: Cheques must clear before shipping; money orders and certified cheques will be verified and shipped within 48 hours of receipt. Direct deposit into our TD Canada Trust account will result in immediate shipping [Canadian Dollar Account: 5240 5214697; USD Account 5240 7303279]. Credit Card payments and Paypal are accepted at a 4% premium to cover bank fees [Paypal Account is email@example.com]. A Purchaser’s Commission of 15% for floor/mail/fax bidders and 20% for online bidders will be added to the Hammer Price. Appropriate GST or HST will be added for lots delivered in Canada. No taxes added if shipped out of country. US Funds accepted at 2% over the posted rate on xe.com on the day of the auction. Other foreign currencies will be converted at a 2% conversion fee on the day the invoice is paid. All accounts not paid within 30 days will result in an interest charge of 2% per month calculated from June 30th, 2012.
Catalogue Values & References: All values are listed in Canadian Funds.
Abbreviations: Within the catalogue you will find many abbreviations, the list below describes each of them:
VG Very Good
VF Very Fine
EF Extremely Fine
AU About Uncirculated
COA Certificate of
S/N Serial Number
SC College Currency
Partial Listing of References Used:
· Astwood, James W.: An Illustrated Guide To Manitoba Trade Tokens, 2nd Edition, 2007
· Betts: American Colonial History
· Bressett, Kenneth: USA Red book 2009 Edition.
· Breton, P.N: Popular llustrated Guide to Coins and Medals. 1894 & 1912.
· Bowman, Fred: Communion tokens of the Presbyterian Church in Canada
· Bowman, Fred: The Tokens of Thomas Church, CNAJ Vol.4 # 9, 1959, p.353-360
· Clowery, Freeman: Medals of the Governors Generals & Lt. Governors of Canada. 1981 & 1972.
· Coffee, John M. and Ford, Harold V., The Atwood-Coffee Catalogue of United States and Canada Transportation Tokens, 6th Edition, American Vecturist Association, Boston, 2007
· Cresswell, O.D., Cresswell’s Comprehensive Directory of World Communion Tokens, Nadin-Davis Numismatics, Ottawa, ON, 1985
· Cross, W.K.: Charlton Canadian Canadian Coins 62nd edition
· Cross, W.K.: Charlton Canadian Chartered Banknotes 5th edition
· Cross, W.K.: Charlton Canadian Colonial Tokens 6th edition
· Cross, W.K.: Charlton Canadian Government Paper Money 20th edition
· Cross, W.K.: The Charlton Standard Catalogue of Canadian Communion Tokens, Charlton International, Toronto, ON, 1992
· Findlay, Michael (editor): Canadian Coin News Trends
· Findlay, Michael: Canadian Coin Dealer Newsletter
· Frey, A.R.: The Tokens and Medals Relating to Numismatists and Coin Dealers, Thomas Church, The Numismatist, November, 1903
· Frey, A.R.: The Tokens and Medals Relating to Numismatists and Coin Dealers, Louis Laurin, The Numismatist, December, 1903
· Gingras, Larry, Medals Tokens And Paper Money Of The Hudson's Bay Company, Canadian Numismatic Research Society, 1975.
· Graham, R.J.: Canadian Merchant Scrip, Charlton Press, Toronto, ON, 2007
· Ingram, Gregory S.: The Tiffin Tokens of Canada, First Edition 2004.
· Ingram, Gregory S. & Branko Marelic: The Bust and Harp Tokens of Canada, First Edition, 2004.
· Ingram, Gregory S. & Branko Marelic: The Provincial Penny and Half-Penny Tokens of Nova Scotia, The Thistle Series, First Edition 2008.
· Ingram, Gregory S. & Branko Marelic: The Ships Colonies & Commerce Tokens of Colonial Canada, First Edition.
· James, Harry N., A Guide To Ontario Tokens, July, 2006.
· Jamieson, Melvin Allan , Medals Awarded To North American Indian Chiefs 1714-1922, Spink & Son, Reprint 1961
· LeRoux, Joseph, The Canadian Coin Cabinet, 2nd Edition, Canadian Numismatic Publishing Institute, Winnipeg, MB, 1964.
· Paquet, F.X., Illustrated Catalogue of Medals, Checks & Communion Tokens of Ottawa and District, 1893 (Catalogue never published)
· Pick: The Standard Catalogue of World Paper Money.
· Schingoethe, Herb and Martha: College Currency, Money for Business Training, BNR Press, Port Clinton, OH, 1993
• Vlack, Robert A.: An Illustrated Catalogue of the French Billion Coinage in the Americas, Colonial Coin Collectors Club, 2004