1,900.00USDto floor+ (370.50) buyer's premium + taxes, fees, etc...
SOLD at 2010 Dec 05 @ 11:38UTC-6 : CST/MDT
Did you win this item?
A full invoice should be emailed to the winner by the auctioneer within a day or two.
Moore's Patent Firearms Company manufactured about 3,000 of these single shot deringers from 1860 to 1865 and was the first large caliber metallic cartridge deringer pistol. National Arms Company took over production in 1865 until it's purchase by Colt in 1870. The Number One was popular enough to survive both the change to the National Arms Co. and National's buy out by Colt. Marked "MOORE'S PAT. FA. Co. BROOKLYN. N.Y." on the top of the barrel, "PAT. FEB. 24. 1863" on the bottom. The barrel is blue, casehardened trigger and hammer and the frame is silver plated brass. German silver half moon front sight and hammer notch rear sight. The barrel has floral scroll engraving and forward pointing arrows on each side. The frame is engraved with decorative broad floral scroll work and punch dot background, there is a splash of floral scroll on the lower rear of the barrel with a scallop border along the top edge and an arrow pointing toward a star on each side. The grip area is checkered on the sides, back and base of the grip.
BBL: 2-1/2 inch irregular
Gauge: 41 RF
Serial Number: 2848
Condition: Very fine. The barrel retains 70% of the original blue finish with an area of smooth gray patina on the lower left side and high edge wear. The frame retains 40% original silver plating with the exposed brass having a pleasant, untouched aged patina. There are strong original case colors on the left side of the hammer with a smooth mottled gray patina on the balance. The markings and engraving remain crisp and clear. The action is excellent