583

Nassour Studio bronze wall plaque

Currency:USD Category:Memorabilia Start Price:2,000.00 USD Estimated At:2,000.00 - 3,000.00 USD
Nassour Studio bronze wall plaque
Condition Reports: If you wish to obtain additional information on a particular lot, or cannot appear at the viewing, Profiles may provide, upon request, a condition report. We remind prospective buyers that descriptions of property are not warranted and that each lot is sold “as is” in accordance with the terms of the limited warranty. Condition reports, as other descriptions of property, are not warranted; they are only provided as a service to interested clients.
Nassour Studio bronze wall plaque. This is the “Nassour Studios, Inc. / Motion Pictures / Television – Commercial” cast bronze plaque which hung outside the offices at 5746 Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood. Edward and William Nassour began construction of the studio in 1946 and it opened on January 1, 1947. In its original configuration, it had four sound stages ranging from 7,600 sq. ft. to just over 13,000 sq. ft. and over 100 independent films were shot there. Orson Welles kept offices at the office frontage, as did Paul Henried of Pine-Thomas Productions. In 1950 the studio was sold to L.A. Times owner Norman Chandler, who was looking for a permanent facility for KTTV. Edward Nassour continued to keep an office there until 1952 when he built a small stage with offices, machine shop and projection room at 8460 W. Third where The Beast of Hollow Mountain was filmed as well as Emilio and His Magical Bull. It measures 20 x 34 in. and remains in very good condition.