100,000.00USD+ (18,000.00) buyer's premium. + applicable fees & taxes.
SOLD at 2010 Dec 18 @ 04:00UTC-8 : PST
Did you win this item?
A full invoice should be emailed to the winner by the auctioneer within a day or two.
(Paramount Pictures, 1981) Original cloth-board bound complete revised fifth-draft script for Raiders of the Lost Ark. This incredible piece was used by Harrison Ford throughout filming, complete with color revision and daily hand-typed dialogue pages (showing folds and wear from carrying in Ford’s pocket). The majority of pages are individually rubber stamped “ROLA 103020” for security control purposes. Contains 145 pages, of which 112 sides have hand-annotations (over 1,300 words) penned by Ford in his distinctive block capital style of writing. Notes range from single words to complete pages of writing and cover all aspects of the film making process, ranging from dialogue alterations and questions about the plot to suggestions and perspectives used to create the iconic character of “Indiana Jones”. Of specific interest are:
- Ford’s concern about avoiding references to “Han Solo”-like behavior.
- A list of hat related superstitions.
- The dialogue for the famous line: “there's a big snake back here”.
- Notes asking, “what exactly is a headpiece to a staff of ra?”
- Direction suggestions on a number of scenes (Hawaii plane sequence, Tanis dig, etc.)
- Thoughts about the depiction of drunken behavior (a side of the character that was eventually removed from the film).
- Suggestions for background reading books (such as Temple of Solomon).
The script remains in fine condition, with light wear and stains to covers, exhibiting normal signs of daily, on-set use. Arguably the greatest script in modern cinema, forging the character of “Indiana Jones” which would become one of the greatest icons in film history. In 2010, Indy stands as #2 on Time Magazine’s greatest fictional character of all time—surpassed only by “Sherlock Holmes”.
Condition Reports: If you wish to obtain additional information on a particular lot, or cannot appear at the viewing, Profiles may provide, upon request, a condition report. We remind prospective buyers that descriptions of property are not warranted and that each lot is sold “as is” in accordance with the terms of the limited warranty. Condition reports, as other descriptions of property, are not warranted; they are only provided as a service to interested clients.